History of the club
What happened first
An initial meeting took place on 6th December 1996 with the intention of forming a Camera Club in Linlithgow. As there was a good amount of interest shown at this meeting, the decision was taken to form a club. On Tuesday 21st January 1997, the first official meeting took place in the Springfield Community Wing, with 4 people helping to clean and arrange the darkroom.
What happened next
Since then, the Club has formed a committee to manage and develop the affairs of the Club. Its membership has grown in number with 17 interested members of the Public coming to visit and 9 joining the Club.
We still meet every Tuesday at the Springfield Community Wing, on Springfield Road, in Linlithgow throughout the season.
What happens now
The evenings are varied with items ranging from…
- Slideshows and presentations with a photography theme
- Workshops/tutorials on Photoshop, Lightroom and other processing software
- Practical nights, e.g. still life, portraiture
- Group outings to local attractions
- Internal competitions to assess and review members work
Competitions can be themed or open (free choice of subject)
- External competitions e.g. West Lothian Competition which takes place annually between the camera clubs of Armadale, Linlithgow, Livingston and Mid Calder
Can we help you?
Our members have varying degrees of experience and can offer help on how to use your equipment.